ADAPT Lab News and Media
- Jackie Maloney and Amy Liiberman both present honors project posters at Northwestern.
- Postdoctoral Student Claire Yee (Arizona State) starts work with ADAPT team.
- ADAPT team and friends at Russian Tea House (SOBP).
- ADAPT RAs Defne Cezayirli and Alara Ozsan have both won Northwestern Universty Undergraduate Research Grants for their projects.
- Emily Carol won CU Boulder Psychology's Dosier/Muenzinger Award for Translational Research!
- Tina Gupta, ADAPT lab Grad student, was accepted into the imaging training summer program at the University of Michigan!
- Denise Zou, NU Alum and RA for Rush's Road Home project, joins the ADAPT team as a lab coordinator!
- ADAPT Lab recruits two new graduate students, Ivanka Ristanovic (from our very own team) and Shane Colombo (from Kevin Ochsner's group).
- ADAPT Lab recruits two new postdoctoral students, Kate Damme (from Robin Nusslock's team) and Claire Yee (from Shiota's team).
- Amy Lieberman, senior RA on our team, was admitted into the NIMH IRTA program, and will be joining the Dickinson lab there when she graduates this Spring!
- Derek Dean, ADAPT Graduate student, matched with Vanderbilt for his Internship!
- Emily Carol, ADAPT Graduate student, matched with McLean/Harvard for her Internship!
- ADAPT team Chicago and Boulder meet together in Denver for SRP 2017!
- ADAPT team begins new R01 multi-site study with Temple and UMBC (12,000 adolescents!)
- In collaboration with Claudia Haase ADAPT team begins new R21 study to follow care-takers and high-risk youth participating in a dyadic interaction to determine how emotional interactions may predict course
- ADAPT is sponsoring a NARSAD awarded to Claudia Haase who will follow the parents of high-risk youth to determine putative effect of care-taking on health (via markers of epigenetic aging).
- Tina Gupta, senior ADAPT Chicago graduate student, is awarded a space on a T32 training grant (Neuroscience of Human Cognition)
- Andrea Pelletier-Baldelli successfully defends her dissertation and Emily Carol successfully defends her dissertation proposal- amazing work!
- Northwestern Developmental Science Institute Launches; ADAPT director Mittal involved as Co-Director for Center for Training in Transdisciplinary Developmental Sciences: Read Story Here
- ADAPT team is awarded the Buffet Institute for Global Study Grant
- ADAPT RA Jacqueline Maloney invited to join NU Honors Seminar in Psychology for 2017-18 academic year.
- Postdoctoral student Emily Cibelli and ADAPT Lab win NU W-award.
- PI Mittal will attend ERP Boot Camp in Davis this Summer.
- Graduate student Raffi Cowan won the Canadian Institute of Health Research Foreign Study Award (CIHR)
- ADAPT RA Grishma Reddy wins Summer Undergraduate Research Grant (URG) award to sponsor her independent research.
- ADAPT RA Amy Lieberman wins Northwestern URG award to participate in lab projects focusing on auditory feedback and pitch shift abnormalities.
- Graduate Andrea Pelletier-Baldelli matches at MGH for clinical Internship
- Emily Carol wins Beverly Sears Award to Graduate student research examining stress reactivity!
- ADAPT lab is awarded R21 from NIMH to investigate emotive processing dysfunction in psychosis prodrome.
- Director Mittal wins Brain and Behavior Research Foundation Independent Investigator Award, NARSAD. Read Story Here
- Graduate Student Teresa Vargas Receives Honorable Mention for the GRFP NSF award
- ADAPT Director Mittal has presented in two symposia in Florence at SIRS in April
- Mittal wins FABBS Award 2016; read story here
- ADAPT Director Mittal will be presenting in a symposium in Atlanta at BPS this Spring 2016
- ADAPT undergraduate research assistant, Jackie Maloney, has been awarded a competitive Northwestern University Undergraduate Research Grant (URG) to fund her research project using tDCS to target Internet addiction and inhibitory processing. Spring 2016
- Exercise Trial to Begin in July 2016
- ADAPT PI Mittal wins Society for Research in Psychopathology (SRP) Early Career Award May 2016
- ADAPT Graduate Student Emily Carol wins the CU Boulder Department of Psychology's Peter G. Ossorio Award, Spring 2016
- ADAPT Graduate Student Tina Gupta Wins a Northwestern University Society, Biology, and Health Cluster Fellowship. May 2016
- ADAPT Graduate Student Andrea Pelletier-Baldelli wins Human Brain Mapping Travel Award!
- Professor Matthew Goldrick and Postdoctoral student Emily Calberii win a Northwestern Data Science Initiative Award to Collaborate with ADAPT (June 2016).
- ADAPT RA Jackie Maloney is Finalist for Fletcher Prize! (November 2016).
2016: ADAPT Chicago and ADAPT Colorado Meet in Baltimore for Society for Research in Psychopathology
ADAPT Director Mittal accepts a new faculty position at Northwestern University.
ADAPT Director Mittal is featured in the Early Career Section of the Society for the Science of Clinical Psychology; See Article in Newsletter
Association for Psychological Science (APS)
Drs. Vijay Mittal, Elaine Walker, Michael Green, and Deborah Walder. Dr. Walker's former students participate in a symposium to honor thecontributions of Dr. Walker to the field of Psychopathology. See Article
Director Vijay Mittal Presents on the Neuroscience of Creativity and Improvisation at the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art (BMoCA)
Mittal wins NIMH BRAINS AWARD
See story: http://www.coloradodaily.com/weather/ci_15798686